Each university has developed an EDIC+module in the area of its own expertise on moral and citizenship education. These modules are available for Master- and PhD-students specialising in the field of education. Each university will organise a national seminar to disseminate the program in May 2019. A final conference will be held in Utrecht on June 19-20, 2019.
For more information or to enrol in a module, go to www.uvh.nl/edic or send an email to Danielle Drenth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education plays a central role in preparing youngsters for a democratic society, for active participation and greater social justice and tolerance in all domains of society. Given this important task for education, it is necessary to train a new generation of educational professionals that can contribute to this development.
EDIC+ is an Erasmus Strategic Partnership on education and intercultural citizenship for Master- and PhD-students from all over Europe and from outside Europe. EDIC+ is a collaboration of the University of Barcelona, Bath-Spa University, the University of Helsinki, Charles University Prague, the University of Tallinn, Aristotle University Thessaloniki and the University of Humanistic Studies Utrecht.
The programme is coordinated by Prof. Wiel Veugelers from the University of Humanistic Studies (email@example.com).
The main focus of this international educational programme is to establish a platform for young educators and researchers to work and learn together, to have international experiences, to create opportunities to publish and to contribute to each other?s projects for educational change.
EDUCATION FOR DEMOCRATIC INTERCULTURAL CITIZENSHIP (EDIC+)
- University of Helsinki (29-10-2018 – 16-12-2018) Teachers Moral Competence in Pedagogical Encounters
- Tallinn University (02-11-2018 – 14-12-2018) Educational Policy and Citizenship Education
- Bath Spa University (14-01-2019 – 25-01-2019) Social and Educational Inclusion in Schools and their Communities
- University of Humanist ic Studies, Utrecht (18-02-2019 – 22-02-2019) Theory and Practice of Citizenship Education: Teaching Democracy and Tolerance
- University of Barcelona (01-04-2019 – 21-05-2019). Ethical Competences for Democratic Citizenship at School and in Families
- Charles University, Prague (09-04-2019 – 22-04-2019). Theater of the Oppressed and Educational Activities in Civil Society
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (04-03-2019 – 31-05-2019). Multicultural/Intercultural Education